DevRel 55 is a minor release with bug fixes to improve the existing functionalities. We have made updates to the Wi-Fi access point, time zone settings, and some other features. Here is a quick list of what’s released:
- Automatically set time zone based on the location
- Password restriction for Wi-Fi access point
1) Automatically Set Time Zone Based on the Location
You can now have the time zone on a device set based on its location for devices that do not support cellular data to obtain time zone information. Initially, these devices would display the time based on the time zone set in the template while provisioning, or else they would choose a default set by the device manufacturer. The time zone for devices can also be manually changed remotely. However, when the automatically set time zone feature is enabled, the time zone is automatically adjusted based on the device’s location. Please contact Esper support if you want to enable this feature across your device fleet.
Note: Automatically set time zone based on the location feature is disabled by default.
2) Password Restriction for Wi-Fi Access Point
When setting a password for the Wi-Fi access point on the Esper Console, the minimum length remains 8 for all Access Points (except for EAP, for which password is an optional field, so we don’t have a lower limit). However, the maximum length restrictions have been updated as below:
- For WEP – 13 characters
- For EAP – 63 characters
- WPA/WPA2 – 63 characters
Bugs and Improvements
- Previously, when the user used to reboot a device in Kiosk mode, they could see the Esper launcher for a brief time. Now, the device directly reboots to the Kiosk mode application.
- Previously, if the user accidentally transferred a file to the wrong location, deleted it, and uploaded it again to the correct location, the file got transferred to the previous location. Now, the file is getting transferred to the desired location.
And that’s it for DevRel 55. Esper’s team is working to deliver another batch of exciting features and improvements in DevRel 56. It is scheduled towards the end of May 2021.
Please reach out to share your thoughts on how Esper can improve your customer experience in future releases.